Who we are
At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China, and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
What you’ll do
Our technology has life-changing impact on people with communication and mobility challenges by giving them a voice. Our Funding Team helps to make that impact possible by navigating the complex legal landscape of healthcare financing.
The Collections Specialist supports the effective management of the revenue cycle process and ensures the accurate and timely collection of sales to third party payers (including Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and other funding sources). The Specialist works with insurance companies, clients, and customers to resolve collection issues and reconciles accounts.
- Manage assigned accounts and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of billing, collections, and payment activity. After an account is billed, the account becomes the Collector’s responsibility. The Collector is responsible for:
- Verification that a claim is on file.
- Follow up with the payer due to lack of payment.
- Investigation of denials
- Coordination with the billers to address billing issues.
- Coordination with the funding consultants to address documentation questions.
- Preparation of correspondence, such as appeals, to fight for the payment of accounts, request different denial codes, etc.
- Review of posted payments for accuracy and investigate differences.
- Document in the system all verbal and written communication relative to collection actions and expected outcomes of overdue accounts.
- Follow up every 30 days with insurance companies, clients, SPLs, and vendors to ensure the payment of accounts.
- Recommend adjustments/write-offs to the Manager of Collections and receive approval prior to reconciling accounts
- Investigate refund requests related to accounts and complete refund paperwork for accounts that need to be refunded
- Meet the expectations and goals for productivity and cash targets as set forth by management
- Stay abreast of state, federal, and third-party funding regulations for assigned accounts ensuring billing and payment practices comply with third party payer requirements.
- Perform various other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- 2 or more years of computer, accounting, collections, and high-volume medical billing and/or insurance claims processing experience
- Knowledge of payment posting process in regard to contractual adjustments and refunds preferred.
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Teaming skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proficient in M.S. Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to research claim information via the internet.
- Basic data and word processing skills
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Apply independent judgment and manage confidential information.
- Ability to gather data and summarize information.
- Time management and good organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Record management
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work at a desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work with interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
Who to contact:
Please address your questions to Keyaira Germany,Keyaira.Germany@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Where we stand:
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We believe diversity not only enriches our workplace culture, but also gives us a strategic advantage. Working with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives helps us all become better communicators, better problem solvers, and better human beings. Our differences make us stronger.