Who we are
At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China, and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
What you’ll do
Our technology has life-changing impact on people with communication and mobility challenges by giving them a voice. Our Funding Team helps to make that impact possible by navigating the complex legal landscape of healthcare financing.
The position of Funding Assistant is responsible for requesting new Prescriptions and Face to Face (F2F) Documents required by insurance plans in the Funding Department. They will be contacting patients to confirm continues use of our equipment for capped rentals and setting up the return for equipment no longer being used. This position will also reach out via phone or email to facilities in order inquire on statuses of prescriptions, F2F documents, Prior authorization forms (PAR), Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMN), and any other necessary forms. This position also includes responding to inquiries and general funding questions via email or through the phone queue calls on behalf of the Funding Team. This position requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to be system/program oriented. This position also requires the ability to adapt to change and communicate efficiently with co-workers and customers.
Your days will be filled with:
- Request prescription and F2F documents that are required by all insurance plans
- Review case history notes in the Order Management System (OMI) to determine which documents are needed.
- Utilize OMI to create and generate prescription and F2F request messages.
- Utilize PDF Sam in order to customize documents, when needed.
- Ability to pull reports of cases that need new prescriptions/F2F and also require follow up calls to necessary facilities, insurances and/or physician’s offices.
- Maintain and organize the incoming requests from other team members, whether presented in person, via reporting, or from the task manager.
- Respond to general funding and status inquiries from sales team.
- Communicate with team members to ensure compliancy of documents, and the need for any additional documentation.
- Aid in preparation of documentation for submittal to insurance carriers
- Follow up with internal and external customers for missing documentation.
- Follow up with carriers on the status of submitted authorization requests.
- Follow up on continues use of our equipment for Capped Rentals
- Set-up returns for equipment no longer being used.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Travel required to the Pittsburgh office location for training, up to 4 times a year.
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynanvox you need to be a positive go-getter.
We are looking for someone who has:
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Oral and written communication skills Interpersonal, collaboration, and teaming skills
- Customer service orientation
- Internet navigation skills
- Records maintenance skills
- Knowledge of the HIPPA guidelines
- Ability to learn and obtain knowledge of Medicare and other insurance information and requirements
We find it to be a strong merit if you have experience in case management.
Who to contact
Please address your questions to Keyaira Germany,Keyaira.Germany@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Where we stand
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We believe diversity not only enriches our workplace culture, but also gives us a strategic advantage. Working with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives helps us all become better communicators, better problem solvers, and better human beings. Our differences make us stronger.