At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
We are looking for an AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) specialist to join our Swedish sales team! Tobii Dynavox's goal is to give more people a voice, but we see that many individuals living with communication challenges today sometimes do not receive the help they need and are entitled to. We are therefore seeking someone who has encountered these same challenges in their daily work and is passionate about driving a real change, with the aim of improving the system of prescribing technical aid in Sweden.
We want you to step beyond a clinically operational role, and utilize your expertise in AAC to influence and develop the processes within the prescription system, ensuring that many more people receive the assistive devices they require. This role entails nationwide responsibility for providing information, spreading knowledge, and delivering education on how our assistive devices are used. It is advantageous if you have experience with evidence-based symbol communication, as we are focusing on developing AAC prescribed to individuals with permanent disabilities such as Intellectual Disabilities and Autism. You will need to building strong relationships with technical aid centers, habilitation clinics, hospitals, interest organizations, and decision-makers at both regional and national levels.
In this role you will for example:
- Actively drive the development of the current AAC market by spreading knowledge and providing education on evidence-based symbol communication.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships with prescribers, key opinion leaders, and other decision-makers.
- Organize, plan, and lead workshops, webinars, conferences, exhibitions, and training sessions to increase awareness of our AAC solutions.
- Have shared responsibility for our training offerings and keeping them innovative and up-to-date with the latest evidence-based findings.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities and leads and transfer them to regional managers.
We are looking for someone with:
• Certified Speech-Language Pathologist (mandatory)
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in working with AAC for users (mandatory), preferably AAC for users with autism (meritorious)
• Strong knowledge of language development
• Excellent teaching and presentation skills
• High personal drive with a strong desire to transform the current AAC market
• Fluent in Swedish, both spoken and written (mandatory). Proficiency in English, both spoken and written (company language)
• Class B driver's license (mandatory). You will be provided with a company car, along with other benefits.
• Ability to travel within Sweden, with the possibility of spending approximately 1-2 nights away from home per week (mandatory)
If you have a strong drive, are passionate about changing the situation for those without a voice, and thrive in a team environment, you could be the person we are looking for. In addition to a flexible work environment with the possibility of taking a lot of own initiatives, we offer you ample room to develop in your professional role! Come and be a part of Tobii Dynavox and contribute to making a real difference for individuals in need of AAC solutions!
Please address your questions to Mikaela Nilsson (email@example.com) and submit your resume or LinkedIn profile through our website. We're looking forward to your application!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin