Who we are
At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China, and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
What you’ll do
Our technology has life-changing impact on people with communication and mobility challenges by giving them a voice. Our Intake Team helps to make that impact possible by navigating the complex legal landscape of healthcare financing.Job Description
The Intake Specialist is responsible for data entry of customer files into the funding database, identifying and organizing documents and uploading them into electronic client files. The intake specialist works directly with the insurance companies to verify client eligibility, benefits, and prepare prior authorization documents for submittal and approval.
- Entering client demographic information into database and transfer request to Funding Consultant for review and/or processing.
- Labeling, store and organize funding documents within the electronic database.
- Identifying and properly code client’s medical and speech diagnosis.
- Identifying client’s healthcare coverage, contact insurance companies to verify eligibility, benefit coverage, and prior authorization requirements.
- Researching third party insurance requirements to complete and submit prior authorization forms correctly.
- Preparing prior authorization forms and submit documents to insurance companies for approval.
- Identifying the status of a client’s case for it to flow through the funding process correctly.
- Communicating potential challenges to the Funding Consultant with the prior authorization process.
- Meeting established goals and expectations successfully.
- Performing various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma
- Associate degree preferred
- 2-3 years of call center experience
- 2-3 years of experience working with insurance in a medical setting
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance and coordination of benefits preferred.
- Experience using myCGS, Navinet, Noridian, and Availity websites preferred.
- Experience navigating phone queues preferred.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Virtual communication skills
- Telephonic communication skills
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party insurance regulations
- Detail oriented
- In compliance with federal regulation, proof of covid-19 vaccination required
Who to contact
Please address your questions to Keyaira Germany,Keyaira.Germany@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Where we stand
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We believe diversity not only enriches our workplace culture, but also gives us a strategic advantage. Working with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives helps us all become better communicators, better problem solvers, and better human beings. Our differences make us stronger.
- Funding & Healthcare Reimbursement
- United States
About Tobii Dynavox
Join us at the forefront of technology where people with complex disabilities can live up to their full potential. We are known as the world leader in assistive technology for communication, vastly improving quality of life for people with disabilities by enabling them to express themselves, communicate with others and live more independently. Our mission is to enable people to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this Power to be You.Tobii Dynavox is headquartered in Sweden. We have over 500 dynamic and diverse co-workers located in 10+ countries.
Already working at Tobii Dynavox?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.