Who we are
At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China, and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
What you’ll do
Our technology has life-changing impact on people with communication and mobility challenges by giving them a voice. Our Funding Team helps to make that impact possible by navigating the complex legal landscape of healthcare financing.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for billing claims to appropriate primary insurance companies (as well as secondary/tertiary on an as need basis) or governmental institutions.
- Determine primary and secondary insurance company responsibility
- Review client charts to ensure accurate documentation and insurance provider responsibility
- Push charts from funding system into billing system
- Prepare and submit claims for portal, paper, and electronic processing to insurance companies or governmental institutions
- Balance daily batches and run needed reports
- Print and scan proof of deliveries for each claim
- Follow up on previously billed claims as required by departmental need
- Investigate and resolve billing errors and issues; rebill claims when necessary
- Contact insurances for billing assistance and claim resolution
- Work with collectors, cash posters, and funding team when issues arise
- Alert the Manager of Funded Billing & Cash Posting of potential billing/collection issues
- Update account notes to document billing actions and expected outcomes
- Research and stay abreast of state, federal, and third-party funding regulations for assigned accounts ensuring billing and payment practices comply with third party payer requirements
- Act as a back-up to primary, secondary, and other billers
- Properly document processes so that others can reperform them
- Provide training to others in the organization to help educate employees on the billing process
- Perform various tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- 2 or more years medical billing experience
- Knowledge of how payments are processed by insurance companies and an understanding of contractual adjustments and refunds preferred
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Teaming skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to research medical billing information via the internet
- Able to work in and learn multiple systems as well as easily transition from one system to the next throughout the day
- Basic data entry and word processing skills
Who to contact
Please address your questions to Keyaira Germany,Keyaira.Germany@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Where we stand
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We believe diversity not only enriches our workplace culture, but also gives us a strategic advantage. Working with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives helps us all become better communicators, better problem solvers, and better human beings. Our differences make us stronger.