At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China, and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
The Software Engineer is responsible for delivering high-quality software and bringing new capabilities to our products in the Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) market.
Due to the many interactions with teammates and stakeholders based in Pittsburgh, PA, and Sweden, the Software Engineer will preferably be based in and around Pittsburgh, PA
Your days will be filled with:
- Developing Tobii Dynavox Snap software
- Learning software best practices from the senior members of the team
- Work with team leads and stakeholders to refine user stories to fully understand the work
- Collaborating with cross-functional teammates (QA, UX, Clinical, DevOps) to create the best quality software we can produce
- Testing to ensure the quality of the software
- Present work to all stakeholder groups and incorporate feedback into product improvements
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Research and provide technical details to team leads
- Being part of a great team
- Seeing how your work makes a difference in the lives of the people who rely on our products
- Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, and expertise
- Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks and workflows
- Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
- Team Player: you are willing to take input from others and work toward the greater good
- Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers’ needs and keep customers as a top focus
- Autonomous: you naturally self-manage and own your tasks from start to finish
- Craftsman: you take pride in your work and deliver quality software
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Demonstrable object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Familiarity in Web Development, C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core or REST API
- Preferred Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in software development
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps build and release pipelines
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience building testable systems using unit tests
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Please address your questions to Jesse Rosenthal at Jesse.Rosenthal@tobiidynavox.com or submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii Dynavox, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled