Who we are
At Tobii Dynavox, we empower people with disabilities to do what they once did or never thought possible. We call this mission Power to Be You. Our assistive communication technology helps our customers express themselves, connect with the world, and pursue independence, whether through everyday activities like ordering food or extraordinary feats like running a company. Working at Tobii Dynavox, you’ll become part of a team that spans the globe, with offices in the US, Sweden, the UK, China, and beyond.
To learn more about what we make possible, meet some of our customers or take a look at some of our products.
What you’ll do
Our technology has life-changing impact on people with communication and mobility challenges by giving them a voice. Our Funding Team helps to make that impact possible by navigating the complex legal landscape of healthcare financing.
The Funding Consultant is responsible for coordinating the intake, submission, and follow-up of new product, repair, and equipment rental orders. This individual works closely with SLPs, government agencies, and educational institutions to obtain order authorization and thoroughly reviews documents for submission ensuring they meet third party payer criteria.
Your days will be filled with:
- Maintaining communication with SLPs on funding cases and instruct SLPs on document preparation and funding policies and regulations
- Working with insurance providers, government agencies, and educational institutions to place new product, repair or rental orders
- Tracking funding authorization cases ensuring requests are resolved to completion in a timely manner
- Utilizing on-line resources and maintain frequent communication with funding agencies to verify eligibility
- Reviewing prior authorization documents against third party payer criteria
- Researching previous orders and payment history/DSOs for any repair or new order requests Enter and complete orders in the order management system database
- Serving as a client advocate by communicating with clients and family members on funding requests and co-payment requirements, representing client’s case with third party insurance providers and troubleshooting any problems to resolution
- Resolving third party denials and provide consultation to finalize difficult funding cases
- Alerting supervisor of potential third-party payer challenges Perform various other duties as assigned
- Travel required to the Pittsburgh office location for training, and up to 4 times a year.
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynanvox you need to be a positive go-getter.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor Degree, or 2 – 4 years related experience
- Background in the health insurance field preferred
- In compliance with federal regulation, proof of covid-19 vaccination required
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Oral and written communication skills Interpersonal, collaboration, and teaming skills
- Customer service orientation
- Internet navigation skills
- MS Office Word and Outlook
- Able to multi task in a fast paced environment
We find it to be a strong merit if you have experience in case management.
Who to contact
Please address your questions to Keyaira Germany,Keyaira.Germany@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Where we stand
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We believe diversity not only enriches our workplace culture, but also gives us a strategic advantage. Working with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives helps us all become better communicators, better problem solvers, and better human beings. Our differences make us stronger.