Do you want to make a real difference, to allow our users to do what they once did – or never thought possible? Tobii Dynavox is the leading provider of touch and eye tracking based assistive technology, we are changing lives for people with communication and mobility challenges. If you want to represent a company with a real mission and work with meaningful products, Tobii Dynavox is the right company for you!
People with various disabilities, including ALS, Cerebral Palsy, spinal cord injury, and stroke, come to us for a voice. We help them “speak” with their hands and eyes. Our customers interact and communicate with technology in completely new and life-changing ways. We are honored to transform people’s lives with our products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for delivering new features and enhancements for our web-based software products. In this position, you will be responsible for building efficient, functional user interfaces as part of our Boardmaker product offering in the special education market. You will be working as part of a larger team and will be asked to act as a resource/mentor for colleagues with less experience and be expected to work independently with minimal oversight. This position will work closely with UX Designers to understand user needs, prototype solutions and deliver an amazing user experience. As a hands-on software engineer you may be working on key components yourself or guiding a team of engineers working together on larger solutions.
Your days will be filled with:
- Develop front-end infrastructure and services within the Azure cloud platform
- Work in a cross-functional team with other engineers, UX Designer, SQAs and Product Manager.
- Support production issues, development, and test environments
- Maintain documentation of our cloud architecture and standards
- Support improvements to our processes, and governance models
- Various other duties as needed to keep Tobii Dynavox solutions leading the market
- Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, and expertise
- Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks and workflows
- Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
- Team Player: you are willing to take input from others and work toward the greater good
- Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers’ needs and keep customers as a top focus
- Autonomous: you naturally self-manage and own your tasks from start to finish
- Craftsman: you take pride in your work and deliver quality software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Support a project from start to completion, including requirements definition, research, rapid prototyping, review, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Design and help develop cross-platform applications to ensure successful user experience on all devices.
- Engage with project stakeholders, and incorporate feedback as the basis for implementation decisions.
- Work with Product Management to understand customers’ perspectives within the product and support requirements that meet customer needs, technical feasibility, and project scope.
- Receive offer technical reviews to ensure the integrity of the system, adherence to best practices, and accuracy.
- Work with the UX team to implement front-end requirements and help refine the direction of the user interface.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance to diagnose and resolve defects.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor colleagues.
We are looking for someone with:
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in web development
- Experience in C#, ASP .NET Core or ASP .NET MVC
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and delivering complete software solutions
- Experience building testable systems using unit tests
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak both to technical audiences, as well as to senior-level business decision-makers
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of software engineers
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with front-end testing tools/frameworks
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
Position Type/Expected Hours:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are flexible and may vary, but core working hours are 10 AM to 6 PM CET. We are committed to providing a hybrid work environment where in-office and remote options are available.
Please address your questions to Shwetha Dsouza(firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible in English.
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled