Tobii Dynvaox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices. Named a “Top Workplace” by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette over the last five years, our products help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life.
People with various disabilities, including ALS, Cerebral Palsy, spinal cord injury, and stroke, come to us for a voice. We help them “speak” with their hands and eyes. Our customers interact and communicate with technology in completely new and life-changing ways. We are honored to transform people’s lives with our products.
Where you´ll work
Tobii Dynavox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
The Office Facilities Manager is responsible for the security, safety, maintenance and services of our work facilities to ensure they meet the needs of the organization and its employees. Will serve in an administrative and project management role to strive for achieving a great workplace that contributes to a positive, well-maintained working environment that encourages employee productivity and engagement
Your days will be filled with:
- Serving as the main point of contact on all facilities related issues. Address issues as appropriate to ensure timely action is taken to achieve a quality outcome
- Ensuring that our office is looking its best and is compliant with health, safety, fire and environmental regulations.
- Communicating with building management, maintenance services, and contractors to complete necessary maintenance and services, including sourcing contractor services, obtaining quotations, scheduling services, and ensuring timely and high-quality work
- Working closely with management on strategic decisions concerning the office environment.
- Overseeing and planning renovation projects throughout the office and supporting managers with coordinating moves within the office
- Coordinating facilities related improvement initiatives, raising the quality of the workplace, applying resourceful means to achieve value for the workforce
- Managing security of office, including the development and enforcement of security policies, oversight of security technology, maintaining emergency and security plans, and handling emergency issues in a prompt manner
- Managing a budget of operation facilities related expenses in a cost-effective way
- Regularly inspecting the facility offices, conference rooms, restrooms, and common areas to determine if cleaning, repairs or renovations are needed. Address issues as needed
- Performing various other tasks as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to have an awesome can-do attitude with a focus on removing obstacles to keep projects on-track.
We are looking for someone who has:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-3 years of experience in facilities management or administration
- Experience negotiating services or construction related initiatives
- Project management experience
- Customer service or similar related skills
- Education or related experience in a business, administration, or customer service discipline
- Ability to communicate business requirements by means of oral and written communications
- Strong verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proficient in the use of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Vision
- Internet navigation skills
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organization skills
- Understanding of Lean/Kanban concepts
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule when necessary to handle emergency or off-hour services needs
- See, talk and hear
- Able to sit, stand, and walk
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Able to feel and reach with arms and hands
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional time in office areas under construction
Please address your questions to Keyaira Germany, Keyaira.Germany@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled