Tobii Dynvaox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices. Named a “Top Workplace” by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette over the last five years, our products help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life.
People with various disabilities, including ALS, Cerebral Palsy, spinal cord injury, and stroke, come to us for a voice. We help them “speak” with their hands and eyes. Our customers interact and communicate with technology in completely new and life-changing ways. We are honored to transform people’s lives with our products.
This position sets the vision and strategy for one or more products and is responsible for development and decisions throughout the entire product lifecycle. The product manager is responsible to collect and convert user and market insights into high level requirements for development teams and ensure that products accomplish intended outcomes for end users and other stakeholders. The position involves frequent communication with multiple internal groups (Sales, Marketing, Operations, R&D, Tech Support etc.) as well as customers and external partners.
This specific position will also have responsibility for hardware products and will work closely with both hardware engineering team and relevant software development teams within Tobii Dynavox on an almost daily basis.
- Setting the long-term vision for one or more products and the strategy to reach it.
- Converting user and customer insight into actionable requirement and product roadmap.
- Developing and analyzing financial feasibility and growth potential for product initiatives.
- Launching new products, maintaining existing products, and end-of-life obsolete products.
- Closing communication with internal and external facing teams to make sure all parties share an understanding of the product’s vision and intended outcomes.
- Publicly presenting and be a strong voice and ambassador for the product.
- Developing, encouraging, and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and partners in the market to gain more insight, gather data and test assumptions and ideas.
- Working closely with other Product Managers and Product Analysts to make sure that development initiatives are aligned, and data driven.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in product management, product development, industrial design, user experience, or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in hardware product management.
- Project management experience is appreciated.
- Electronic engineering experience is appreciated.
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- MS Office-Power Point, Word, Excel
OTHER SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Structured personality.
- Excellent communication skills are essential both in written and spoken format and on stage
- Highly collaborative personality with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to gather teams around common objectives.
- Strong internal drive and motivation to challenge status quo.
- Thorough understanding of great product experiences.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT:
- Frequent US domestic travel and occasional international travel
- Enduring hours beyond usual work week
- Keep up in a fast-paced work setting
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment
Please address your questions to Andrew Wall, Andrew.Wall@TobiiDynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii Dynavox, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled