Tobii Dynvaox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices. Named a “Top Workplace” by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette over the last five years, our products help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life.
People with various disabilities, including ALS, Cerebral Palsy, spinal cord injury, and stroke, come to us for a voice. We help them “speak” with their hands and eyes. Our customers interact and communicate with technology in completely new and life-changing ways. We are honored to transform people’s lives with our products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for delivering new features and enhancements for our current and future products and will be working on next generation software enhancing our position in the Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) market.
In this position, you will be responsible for solving complex problems and providing new perspectives and alternatives on existing solutions. You will be working as part of a larger team and will be asked to act as a resource/mentor for colleagues with less experience and also be expected to work independently with minimal oversight. This position will be focused primarily on the cloud based architectural components of our products and will involve proposing architecture and design improvement for our current and future products. As a hands-on software engineer you may be working on key components yourself or guiding a team of engineers working together on larger solutions.
Your days will be filled with:
- Develop infrastructure and services within the Azure cloud platform
- Work in a cross-functional team with other engineers and Product Management
- Partner with the application engineers to create services satisfying the requirements of the various applications
- Support APIs and services in production, development and test environments
- Maintain documentation of our cloud architecture and standards
- Support improvements to our processes, and governance models
- Various other duties as needed to keep Tobii Dyanvox solutions leading the market
- Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, and expertise
- Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks and workflows
- Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
- Team Player: you are willing to take input from others and work toward the greater good
- Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers’ needs and keep customers as a top focus
- Autonomous: you naturally self-manage and own your tasks from start to finish
- Craftsman: you take pride in your work and deliver quality software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support a project through from start to completion, including requirements definition, research, rapid prototyping, review, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Design and help develop cross-platform applications to ensure successful user experience on all devices.
- Engage with project stakeholders, incorporate feedback as the basis for implementation decisions.
- Work with Product Management to understand customers’ perspective within the product and support requirements that meet customer needs, technical feasibility, and project scope.
- Receive and offer technical reviews to ensure the integrity of the system, adherence to best practices, and accuracy.
- Work with the UX team to implement front-end requirements and help refine the direction of the user interface.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance to diagnose and resolve defects.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor colleagues.
- Stay up to date with market trends and recommend new technologies and capabilities where applicable.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core (6 years’ experience)
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and delivering complete software solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak both to technical audiences, as well as to senior level business decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of software engineers
- Proof of covid-19 vaccination required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with C, C++, Swift
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Proficiency developing UIs with UWP or WPF
- Experience with Azure DevOps build and release pipelines
- Experience building testable systems using unit tests
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Applied expertise with: Traffic Manager, Key Vault, SignalR, Application Insights, Redis, Load Balancer, Azure Search, and AzureSQL
Position Type/Expected Hours
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are flexible and may vary, but core office times are 10 AM to 2 PM EDT. We are committed to providing a hybrid work environment where in-office and remote options are available.
This position will require little to no travel, although occasional out-of-the-area and overnight travel opportunities may be available.
Please address your questions to Jasmine Galindo, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled