Tobii Dynavox is growing our Software Development team with the addition of an experienced Manager who is looking to lead an established team of engineers making world class Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) software and solutions. Your leadership, technical excellence and passion will make you a valuable leader within our engineering organization.
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage the cross-functional development team that owns a core domain within or our product portfolio. You will collaborate with Product Managers and other technical Managers to align on global strategy and set priorities within your team. As an engineering leader, you will provide technical guidance and collaborate with teams in both Pittsburgh and Stockholm.Job Description
Responsibilities & Expected Skills:
- Hire, develop, and retain great engineers
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leads to align product and technical objectives
- Communicate technical designs, plans, ideas, etc. thoughtfully, concisely, and accurately both to your team and to external stakeholders
- Set the technical vision for your team and empower your team to deliver
- Find opportunities to improve tooling, processes, and solutions to improve velocity, maintainability, and testability of your team’s software
- Build world class products
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience required
- 7+ years’ experience in leading engineering projects and teams required
- 10+ years hands-on software development experience and is open to writing code, if necessary
- Experience in managing team budgets and expenses
- Experience managing remote engineers
- Expertise with cross-platform app development
We are looking for people who demonstrate the following key traits:
- Leader: you inspire individuals to achieve desired results with integrity and ethics
- Technical: you engage technically with your engineers and promote the growth of their skills
- Collaborator: you think of “we” rather than “I”, and focus on establishing relationships
- Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers’ needs and keep customers as a top focus.
- Communicator: you clearly share your vision and team's strategy with others
- Culture Driver: you contribute to the engineering culture and are a source of energy for your team
Please address your questions to Jasmine Galindo, email@example.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled